Synthetic fiber or synthetic fibre are fibers made by humans through chemical synthesis. These fibers are opposite to natural fibers that are directly derived from living organisms. In this blog post, we will describe the types of synthetic fibers.
Remember: Synthetic fibers are made from synthesized polymers of small molecules.
Synthetic Fiber Types
There are four basic types of Synthetic fibers. They are;
- Rayon has properties similar to those of silk.
- It is a man-made fiber and cheaper than silk.
- It is obtained from wood pulp.
- Rayon is infused with cotton or wool to prepare bedsheets and carpets respectively.
- It is also known as artificial silk and can be dyed in a wide variety of colors.
- These are strong elastic and light, lustrous, and easy to wash fibres made from water, coal, and air initially.
- The fiber is completely synthetic and stronger than steel wire.
- It is used to make socks, ropes, toothbrushes, tents, seat belts, curtains, etc.
- Used to make ropes for rock climbing and parachutes.
You may read Nylon Fiber |Properties and Uses |
- Polyester is made up of many units of an ester.
- It is suitable for making dress material because it is easy to wash and stays crisp and wrinkle-free.
- Terylene is a known polyester.
- PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) is used to make many useful products like bottles, utensils, films, wires.
- Many sweaters and blankets are not created from natural wool but from a kind of synthetic fibre known as acrylic.
- The clothes prepared from acrylic are cheaper and more durable.
- Acrylic is more prevalent than natural wool.
These four are the common types of Synthetic Fibers. We are making this post short for reader usability. We will have a number of posts to understand Synthetic Fibers properly.
If you have any questions; leave a comment below.
COURTESY REFERENCES: BYJUS and WIKIPEDIA
You may follow us on Google News.
You May Read:
Frequently Asked Questions
How Synthetic Fiber is made?
Synthetic fibers are made by the polymerization process, which involves combining monomers to make a long chain or polymer.
What are the examples of Synthetic Fiber?
The top 5 Synthetic Fibers example are;
What is Synthetic Fiber?
Synthetic fibers are man-made fibers produced from chemical substances and are used for making clothes and other useful things.
What are the Types of Synthetic Fiber?
There are four basic types of Synthetic Fiber;