Experiment Name: Study on Band Knife Cutting Machine.
Band knife cutting machine is important equipment used in garments manufacturing factory. A band knife is a power tool used for cutting cloth. Very similar in operation to a band saw, it has an endless loop blade and the material to be cut is supported by a flat table.
Band Knife blades are used on two types of machines depending on the material being cut/processed:
Vertical band knife machine
Horizontal band knife machine
Study on Band Knife Cutting Machine
Brand Name: Oshima
400 – 1500
Lay Capacity: 4” – 5”
Knife size: 1cm- 1.5 cm
Band Knife Cutting Machine
- Continuous knife/ Without edge knife
- Steel knife, Teflon coated.
- Rotatory motion of the knife
- The machine is fixed but fabric lay is movable while cutting
- Suitable for cutting at a perfectly 90 degree angle
- Cannot cut knit fabric
- Suitable for cutting smaller components
- Requires more space in the cutting room.
- Requires more safety measures
- Has airball facility for moving fabric lay
The below processes have to maintain to cut the fabric by using this machine:
- At first, clean the table,
- Spread the paper,
- Spread the fabric,
- Should attach the tape,
- Spread the marker,
- Now, start the cutting process,
- Stickering in cutting fabric,
- Bundle the cut fabric,
- Checking all the cut panels,
- Now, it’s ready for the sewing process.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Band Knife Cutting Machine
- Very effective than a straight knife to cut small pieces of garments.
- Low space is required for the installation of this machine.
- An automatic grinder is used to make sharper the edge of the knife during cutting.
- The intensity of accidents is very low.
- Air blower helps to smoothly handle and cut the fabric layer.
- Only one operator can fully control a machine with fully operational.
- An operator is required to move around the machine to handle the fabric layer.
- Without a proper marker the fabric wastage is high.
- Not possible to cut large length garments due to table length
- Fabric is not possible to cut directly.
- High weight layer could be a problem with a smooth and perfect cut.
- Too many markers required for large production.
This is all about Band Knife Machine. If you have any doubts or queries leave a comment below.