Fashion is something people either love or hate.
Through the ages, different fashion styles have come and gone, and many of them return into our clothing stores after a few years.
Some people just cannot be bothered to keep up with recent trends, while others can’t get enough of the latest styles.Whether you love it or hate it; you’ll enjoy these 100 interesting fashion facts.
1. In the United States, each person owns an average of seven pairs of blue jeans. That’s one for every day of the week!
2. Men have been wearing shorts for decades, but women were only allowed to wear them in public after World War II. One of the main reasons for this was because less fabric was available during the war, so shorts were more cost-effective than pants or skirts.
3. The T-shirt is one of the most popular items of clothing in the world, and around two billion of them are sold every single year.
4. Historically, purple clothes were only worn by magistrates; emperors and other aristocracy in Rome, Italy.
5. The loincloth is the oldest item of clothing; but the second oldest is the skirt – an item which is still very popular today.
6. Thousands of fashion magazines are sold every year, but the first ever fashion magazine was sold in Germany in 1586.
7. While lots of things are increasing in price, clothing is actually decreasing. Since 1992, the price of clothes has gone down by 8.5%.
8. In 1907, a woman was arrested on a beach in Boston for wearing a one-piece swimsuit.
9. Bras have been through different styles over the years; but you can now purchase a bra that can also be used as a gas mask.
Interesting Fashion Facts Part-1
10. On the subject of bras; the famous author Mark Twain (who wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer) was the inventor of the bra clasp.
11. The record for the world’s longest wedding dress is held by a dress which has a 1.85 mile long train.
12. Levi’s jeans are one of the most popular brands of jeans. Although you might pay a hefty price for a pair now, the first pair sold for $6 worth of gold dust back in 1853.
13. High heels are nothing new to the world. In the 18th century, they were fashionable even for children.
14. Ralph Lauren’s real name was Ralph Lifshitz.
15. Michael Kors’ first project was his own mother’s wedding dress. He was a mere 5 years old at the time.
16. The “little black dress” was compared to the Ford car when it first came along in 1926, since it was practical and simple.
17. Many companies try to be an ethical and environmentally-friendly as possible, but Stella McCartney bags went a step further and are made out of corn.
18. Up until the beginning of the 19th century, models were not used to showcase clothes. Fashion companies would use dolls instead.
19. Harry Winston was the designer of the most expensive shoes in the world. The red ruby slippers he designed sold for $3 million.
20. Queen Juana, from Portugal; wore the first hoop skirt in a bid to hide the fact she was pregnant.
Author: Member of (A.1) Team
You may Also like
- Production of Silk Fibre
- Properties and uses of Jute fibre
- Types of Silk Worm
- The Spider That Spins Golden Silk
- Silk was discovered in a cup of tea-Do you know?
You may like our official Face Book page. We provide knowledge about the most astonishing and uncommon facts.