Think you know all about fashion? Think again as I rock your mind with 15 amazing facts about fashion that you didn’t know about!
Amazing Fashion Facts
1. Napoleon wasn’t just about war. He contributed to fashion in many ways too. The reason we have buttons on the sleeves of our jackets is because Napoleon got tired of his soldiers wiping their noses on their sleeves.
2. The first official Fashion Week started in 1943 in New York.
3. There are 40 Fashion Weeks and 100 official events. The five most prominent Fashion Weeks are held in the fashion capitals of the world
4. To be a Haute Couture designer, one must get approved by the Chamber of Syndicale, the governing body of fashion in Paris.
5. The first pair of Doc Martens were created from old tires.
6. The skirt is the second-oldest garment, with only loin cloths predating it. Oh, and up until the 1600-1700s, men and women both wore them.
7. In the 1500s, fashion designers showed off their clothing by putting it on miniature dolls. There were no such thing as models until 1853.
8. The first fake eyelashes were invented by Hollywood silent film producerD.W. Griffith, who wanted to enhance his actress’s eyelids. They were made out of real hair.
8. All women should be thanking Mary Phelps, a New York socialite, for creating the modern bra.
Author: Member of (A.1) Team
You may Also like
- Top 100 Interesting Fashion Facts Part-1
- Production of Silk Fibre
- Properties and uses of Jute fibre
- Types of Silk Worm
- The Spider That Spins Golden Silk
- Silk was discovered in a cup of tea-Do you know?
You may like our official Face Book page. We provide knowledge about the most astonishing and uncommon facts.